WSQ Develop a Risk Management Implementation Plan Course (bizSAFE Level 2) a.k.a. Workplace Safety and Health Control Measures (Synchronous E-learning)
Course Validity Period: 1st January 2019 – 13th October 2023
Under the WSH (Risk Management) Regulations, risk management must be conducted at all workplaces to identify workplace hazards, evaluate risks and implement control measures.
This 2-day course aims to inform duty holders of their obligations under the Workplace Safety & Health (WSH) Act and WSH (Risk Management) Regulations, and empowers participants with the knowledge on the systematic process for implementing risk management, from identification of hazards and evaluation of associated risks to implementation of relevant risk control measures.
With effect from 26 September 2017, management of terror threats is incorporated as part of workplace risk management together with all other hazards. Hence, this course includes an additional module on SGSecure, which includes identifying potential workplace terror threats and implementing necessary risk control measures, planning of emergency evacuation routes and hiding locations in the workplaces. Risk communication, a requirement under WSH (Risk Management) Regulations, must now include SGSecure tenets.
The Code of Practice on WSH Risk Management (RMCP), 3rd Revision, was launched on 10 November 2021. The key changes to the risk management process include workplace preparedness for infectious disease outbreaks, employee mental well-being and terrorist threats.
Participants can be top management, managers and supervisors in operations and Human Resource Managers. Under the Code of Practice in WSH Risk Management, Section 4.4 Human Resource Manager, there are general requirements for Human Resource in meeting WSH requirements too.
This course is required for all RM Leaders of organisations and RA Leaders of departments, functions or locations, to learn and apply risk assessment and risk control methodologies and lead their organisations/departments/functions/locations to comply with the WSH (Risk Management) Regulations. Participants will work on their real work scenarios in various workshop group exercises throughout the two days. Participants from the same organisation can be grouped together for more effective and relevant group discussion and application.
Upon successful completion of this course, attendees will be conferred a Statement of Attainment (SOA) by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG), which deems the RM and RA Leaders competent to lead their RM or RA teams in risk management (Code of Practice in WSH Risk Management).
The Statement of Attainment (e-Cert) can be used to apply for bizSAFE Level 2 recognition for the organisation by the Workplace Safety and Health Council (WSHC) and the Singapore Ministry of Manpower (MOM), together with a certificate of attendance from the bizSAFE Level 1 “Workshop for CEO/Top Management” attended by a top management personnel.
With the launch of TPGateway on 12 Oct 2020, WSQ Competency Code (i.e. MF-COM-402E-1) and Competency Unit (i.e. Develop a Risk Management Implementation Plan aka BizSafe Level 2) have been mapped to the new Technical Skills and Competencies (TSC) Code (i.e. WPH-WSH-4075-1.1) and TSC Title (i.e. Workplace Safety and Health Control Measures) under the Skills Framework for Workplace Safety and Health effective from 12 Oct 2020.
This course aims to empower the participants to have understanding of the Risk Management Process such as
- Know the formation of risk management team
- Familiar with risk identification, risk evaluation and risk control measures
- SGSecure and its application for workplace safety and security
- Know the knowledge of risk communication and record-keeping
- Be able to develop a practical risk management implementation plan for the organisation
Who Should Attend?
Risk Management Leaders and Risk Assessment Leaders of an organisation, such as Directors, Managers, Heads of Departments, Supervisors, Team Leaders from Operations, Human Resources, Engineering, Facilities Management, Security, Safety, etc.
- Organisational Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) Policy
- Verify the expectations of a risk Management Champion/Risk Management Team Leader
- Workplace Safety and Health Risk Management Regulations requirements
- Form a risk management team
- Risk management process
- Risk Assessment
- Establish hazard identification methodology
- Classification of WSH hazards
- Hazards associated with tools, equipment, materials and machines
- Hazards associated with work processes/activities, workplace conditions and environment
- At-risk behaviours
- Concept of risk assessment
- Establish risk assessment methodology
- Establish risk control measures methodology
- Develop a workplace risk management plan
- What is SGSecure
- Stakeholders of SGSecure in Workplace Safety, Health and Security
- Roles of Risk Management Champions, RM Leaders and RA Leaders in SGSecure
- Identifying workplace terror threats and implementing risk control measures
- Formulating a Risk Assessment on terror threats
- SGSecure deliverables in bizSAFE certification in levels 1 to 3
- Appointing SGSecure Representatives
- Present the risk management plan
- Risk Communication of all identified hazards, risks evaluated and implemented risk control measures and SGSecure tenets
- Brief introduction to COVID-19 Safe Management Measures
14 hours (Synchronous E-learning)
For your preferred date (for inhouse runs): Please email to email@example.com (inhouse and/or customised training packages are also available)
- Employer/individual can register for this course by clicking the REGISTER NOW button below to submit the online registration form.
- Registered trainee’s information will then be enrolled in TPGateway. For Singapore Citizen (SC) or Permanent Resident (PR) trainee, training grant amount may be derived from the enrolment process in TPGateway, subject to SSG’s terms and conditions.
- After the successful enrolment in TPGateway, an e-invoice will be emailed to Employer/Individual with the course fee payable (ie. after deducting the training grant for SC/PR trainees).
- The course fee is payable upfront upon invoicing and before course commencement in order to secure the seat(s), on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Payment is to be made via PayNow/bank transfer/Giro or cheque.
- Trainees must achieve at least 75% attendance and pass the assessments to qualify for a Statement of Attainment (SOA) conferred by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG). SOAs of RM/RA Leaders are required during bizSAFE level 3 certification of the company.
- Bond International reserves all rights to vary, reschedule, or cancel the course or change venue at its discretion without prior notice. However, we will notify you in advance should there be a change in class schedule.
- Terms & Conditions
- Trainee and/or the employer shall be bound by the Terms and Conditions of any applicable funding scheme as assessed by the relevant funding agency.
- In the event that the trainee failed to meet any of the requirements set under the funding scheme, or has been granted funding for the same course before, resulting in SSG’s rejection of the estimated training grants, the trainee and/or the employer will be liable to pay the full course fees to Bond International Consultants Pte Ltd.
- Further conditions not met as stated below will also constitute above liability to pay Bond International the FULL course fees:
- Trainee achieved less than the minimum attendance required by the course.
- Trainee failed to complete the required assessment/oral interview/course assignments.
- Trainee failed the required assessment and was deemed non-competent after assessment.
- Trainee’s employer is not the direct employer who pays the salary and CPF for the trainee during the course duration period.
E-Certificate Issuance and Retrieval
- At the end of the WSQ course, trainees are required to log in to MySkillsfuture portal at myskillsfuture.gov.sg with their Singpass to update their contact details (i.e. email address and handphone number) so that they can receive system-generated notifications informing them that their e-Certs are ready for downloading.
- Upon successful completion of the WSQ course, trainees may access their e-Certs 3 weeks from the end of course date by logging into MySkillsfuture portal at myskillsfuture.gov.sg with their Singpass. The e-Certs can be found in the ‘Certificates’ tab of the trainee’s Skills Passport upon login. Please click HERE for the process.
- To download WSQ e-Certs, trainees are to log in to the MySkillsFuture portal via Singpass > go to Skills Passport > Certificates.
Please note that WSQ e-Certs will not be generated for voided, exempted and Not-Yet-Competent assessment results.
- Foreign trainees can retrieve their WSQ e-Certs from MySkillsFuture portal > go to ‘Digital Services’ > under ‘Individuals’, click ‘Download Certificates’ > click ‘No Portal ID’ > enter the relevant information to retrieve your certificates.
Virtual/Synchronous E-learning (Current popular mode of training)
In-Person Training @ The Plaza, 7500A Beach Road, #12-324, Singapore 199591 (Subject to demand/Safe Management Measures)
How to Get There
- From Bugis Junction MRT. Exit using MRT EXIT E to DUO Tower. Walk 5 minutes towards Parkroyal Hotel on Beach Road. Enter from hotel entrance and walk to hotel rear interconnecting link to The Plaza Office Block lift lobby, take the lift up to #12-324
- From Nicoll Highway MRT. Walk along the overhead bridge to Pan Pacific Suites to The Plaza Office Block lift lobby, take the lift up to #12-324.
10, 14, 16, 70, 196 (alight at The Concourse, Nicoll Highway)
100, 107, 961, 980 (alight at Parkroyal Hotel on Beach Road)
URA parking along Beach Road or the side roads; or
The Plaza Multi-storey / Ballroom car park.
- See parking charges here
Do not park at the Hotel Driveway Carpark.
Withdrawal / Refund Policy / Appeal Policy
Written notice of withdrawal received:
>14 working days before commencement of the course – full refund
≤ 14 working days before commencement of the course – 50% refund
≤ 3 working days before commencement of the course, or No show during the course day – No refund
Assessment Appeal Form – Click here
Personal Enquiry Form
Kindly fill in your personal enquiry form for e-certificate with SSG
Personal Information Form – Click here
Bond International Consultants Pte Ltd reserves all rights to change the information in this webpage, substitute programme/programme leaders, combine class(es), change the venue/class size, postpone or cancel the programmes without prior notice.