This course aims to empower participants to acquire the skills and knowledge to develop a Workplace Safety and Health Management System implementation plan based on SS ISO 45001 OH&S Management System Standard. On successful completion of this 4-day workshop, trainees will be awarded a Statement of Attainment (SOA) by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG). The person who has successfully completed this course will be the WSHMS champion and deemed competent to develop a Workplace Safety & Health Management System Implementation Plan (WSHMS) for the organisation.
The Statement of Attainment on successful completion of this course will help the organisation achieve bizSAFE level 4 recognition by the Workplace Safety and Health Council. WSHMS champions can help organisations plan towards implementing a Workplace Safety and Health Management System.
the bizSAFE Level 4 Statement of Attainment can be used to apply for bizSAFE Level 4 recognition for the organisation by the Workplace Safety and Health Council (WSHC).
Please note: If the WSHMS Champion changes or leaves your company, the newly appointed champion must attend the course as soon as possible to maintain your company’s bizSAFE status.
With the launch of TPGateway on 12 Oct 2020, WSQ Competency Code (i.e. MF-COM-403E-1) and Competency Unit (i.e. Develop a Workplace Safety and Health Management System (WSHMS) Implementation Plan aka BizSafe Level 4) have been mapped to the new Technical Skills and Competencies (TSC) Code (i.e. WPH-WSH-4086-1.1) and TSC Title (i.e. Workplace Safety and Health System Management) under the Skills Framework for Workplace Safety and Health effective from 12 Oct 2020.
This course aims to empower participants to acquire the skills and knowledge to develop a Workplace Safety and Health Management System implementation plan based on SS ISO 45001 OH&S Management System Standard for recognition of attainment of bizSAFE level 4 by the Workplace Safety and Health Council. Upon successful completion the participant should:
- Be familiar with SS ISO 45001 Occupational Health & Safety Management System requirements
- Know the requirements of SS ISO 45001 and risk management code of practice
- Develop a WSHMS implementation plan
Who Should Attend?
Operations staff and Safety personnel of an organisation, preferably Managers or Heads of Departments of the following departments: Operations, Engineering, Human Resources and Safety/Security. It is recommended that participants attend WSQ Develop a Risk Management Implementation Plan Course (bizSAFE Level 2) prior to attending this course.
- Introduction to a workplace safety and health management system
- Determine the context of the organisation
- Establish the direction of OH&S management system
- Develop the OH&S plan to address OH&S risks and opportunities, set and achieve OH&S objectives
- Determine the support needed
- Develop operational planning and controls to manage the OH&S risks to an acceptable level
- Establish a framework for organisational emergency preparedness and response plans
- Evaluate OH&S performance and compliance
- Establish an internal audit programme
- Organise management review of OH&S management system
- Establish processes for investigation, reporting and taking actions
- Establish OH&S continual improvement programmes
- Establish a plan to present the developed OH&S Management System implementation plan to the stakeholders for review
30 hours (Synchronous E-learning),
Day 1-4: 9am – 5.30pm
Lunch break: 12pm – 1pm
For your preferred date (for inhouse runs): Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org (inhouse and/or customised training packages are also available)