Level 2 WSQ Develop a Risk Management Implementation Plan Course
Under the WSH (Risk Management) Regulations, risk management must be conducted at all workplaces to identify workplace hazards, evaluate risks and implement control measures.
This 2-day course aims to inform duty holders of their obligations under the Workplace Safety & Health (WSH) Act and WSH (Risk Management) Regulations and empower participants with the knowledge on the systematic process for implementing risk management, from identification of hazards and evaluation of associated risks to implementation of relevant risk control measures. Participants could be top management, managers and supervisors in operations.
With effect from 26 September 2017, management of terror threats is incorporated as part of workplace risk management together with all other hazards. Hence, this course now includes an additional module on SGSecure, which includes identifying potential workplace terror threats and implementing necessary risk control measures, planning of emergency evacuation routes and hiding locations in the workplaces. Risk communication, a requirement under WSH (Risk Management) Regulations, must now include SGSecure tenets.
This course is required for all RM Leaders of organisations and RA Leaders of departments, functions or locations. Upon successful completion of this course, attendees will be issued a Statement of Attainment (SOA), which deems the RM/RA Leaders competent to lead their RM or RA teams in risk management (Code of Practice in WSH Risk Management).
Together with a bizSAFE level 1 certificate of attendance, the SOA can be used to apply for bizSAFE Level 2 recognition for the organisation by the Workplace Safety and Health Council (WSHC) and the Singapore Ministry of Manpower (MOM).
This course aims to empower the participants to have understanding of the Risk Management Process such as
1. Know the formation of risk management team
2. Familiar with risk identification, risk evaluation and risk control measures
3. SGSecure and its application for workplace safety and security
4. Know the knowledge of risk communication and record-keeping
5. Be able to develop a practical risk management implementation plan for the organisation
Who Should Attend?
Risk Management Leaders and Risk Assessment Leaders of an organisation, preferably Managers or Heads of Departments of the following departments: Operation, Engineering, Human Resources, Safety/Security.
- Organisational Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) Policy
- Verify the expectations of a risk Management Champion/Risk Management Team Leader
- Workplace Safety and Health Risk Management Regulations requirements
- Form a risk management team
- Risk management process
- Risk Assessment
- Establish hazard identification methodology
- Classification of WSH hazards
- Hazards associated with tools, equipment, materials and machines
- Hazards associated with work processes/activities, workplace conditions and environment
- At-risk behaviors
- Concept of risk assessment
- Establish risk assessment methodology
- Establish risk control measures methodology
- Develop a workplace risk management plan
- What is SGSecure
- Stakeholders of SGSecure in Workplace Safety, Health and Security
- Roles of Risk Management Champions, RM Leaders and RA Leaders in SGSecure
- Identifying workplace terror threats and implementing risk control measures
- Formulating a Risk Assessment on terror threats
- SGSecure deliverables in bizSAFE certification in levels 1 to 3
- Appointing SGSecure Representatives
- Present the risk management plan
- Risk Communication of all identified hazards, risks evaluated and implemented risk control measures and SGSecure tenets
2 days (9.30am – 5.30pm)
or your preferred date (for inhouse runs): Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org (inhouse and/or customised training packages are also available)
Training Grant up to 95% funding and Absentee Payroll funding are available for employers who sponsor Singapore Citizen/Permanent Resident trainees for this SSG-approved course. Please apply at www.skillsconnect.gov.sg (subject to SSG terms and conditions).
|Original Course Fee||Corporate Pricing||Individual Pricing|
|Employees fully sponsored by employers||Self sponsored individuals|
|SC ≥ 40 years only
|SC ≥ 21 years only
|SC ≥ 40 years only
|Course Fee per Trainee||$380||$38||$19||$190||$19||$38||$190||$38||$19|
- All fees above are before GST of $26.60.
- SC: Singapore Citizen; PR: Singapore Permanent Resident.
- WTS: Workfare Training Support. All WSQ courses are supported under the WTS scheme. Applicable only to SC aged 35 years or above and earning gross monthly income of $2000 or below.
- *Absentee Payroll of 80% of basic hourly salary, capped at $4.50 per hour.
- ** Absentee Payroll of 80% of basic hourly salary, capped at $7.50 per hour.
- Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) are companies with (a) at least 30% local shareholding; AND (b) Group annual sales turnover not more than $100 million OR Group employment size of not more than 200 employees.
CRS-Q-0023166-MF English * for training grant application at www.skillsconnect.gov.sg .
- For Singapore Citizen (SC) or Permanent Resident (PR) participants sponsored by company, please submit an application for Training Grant up to 30 days before Course Start Date at www.skillsconnect.gov.sg.
- Training Grant number is to be submitted during course registration when you click on the “Register Now” button below.
- Upon your successful online registration and our receipt of the approved training grant reference number from SSG for SC/PR participants, an e-invoice will be emailed to you with the course fee payable (ie. after deducting the approved training grant for SC/PR participants sponsored by company).
- The course fee is payable upfront upon invoicing and before course commencement in order to secure the seat(s), on a first come first served basis.
- Payment is to be made via Giro or company cheque.
- Participant must achieve at least 75% attendance and pass the assessments to qualify for a Statement of Attainment (SOA) conferred by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG). SOAs of RM/RA Leaders are required during bizSAFE level 3 certification of the company.
- Bond International reserves all rights to vary, reschedule, or cancel the course or change venue at its discretion without prior notice. However, we will notify you in advance should there be a change in class schedule.
- Terms & Conditions:
- Trainee and his/her company shall be bound by the Terms and Conditions of any applicable funding scheme as assessed by the relevant funding agency. Trainee and his/her company have to apply for training grant upon registering for the course.
- In the event that the trainee fails to meet any of the requirements set under the funding scheme, or has been granted funding for the same course before, resulting in his/her application for the funding claim being rejected, the trainee and his/her company is liable to pay the full course fees to Bond International Consultants.
- Further conditions not met as stated below will also constitute above liability to pay Bond International the FULL course fees:
- Trainee achieves less than the minimum attendance required by the course.
- Trainee fails to sit for the required assessment (where applicable)
- Trainee fails the required assessment and is deemed non-competent after assessment.
E-Certificate Issuance and Retrieval
- At the end of the WSQ course, trainees are required to log in to MySF Portal at www.myskillsfuture.sg with their SingPass to update their contact details (i.e. email address and handphone number) so that they can receive system-generated notifications informing them that their e-Certs are ready for downloading.
- Upon successful completion of the WSQ course, trainees may access their e-Certs 3 weeks from the end of course date by logging into MySF Portal at www.myskillsfuture.sg with their SingPass. The e-Certs can be found in the ‘Certificates’ tab of the trainee’s Skills Passport upon login. Please click HERE for the process.
How To Get There
- From Bugis Junction MRT. Exit using MRT EXIT E to DUO Tower. Walk 5 minutes towards Parkroyal Hotel on Beach Road. Enter from hotel entrance and walk to hotel rear interconnecting link to The Plaza Office Block lift lobby, take the lift up to #12-324
- From Nicoll Highway MRT. Walk along the overhead bridge to Pan Pacific Suites to The Plaza Office Block lift lobby, take the lift up to #12-324.
10, 14, 16, 70, 196 (alight at The Concourse, Nicoll Highway)
100, 107, 961, 980 (alight at Parkroyal Hotel on Beach Road)
URA coupon parking along Beach Road or the side roads at $0.60 per half hour; or
The Plaza Multi-storey / Ballroom car park.
- See parking charges here
Do not park at the Hotel Driveway Carpark.
Withdrawal / Refund Policy / Appeal Policy
Written notice of withdrawal received:
>14 working days before commencement of the course – full refund
≤ 14 working days before commencement of the course – 50% refund
≤ 3 working days before commencement of the course, or No show during the course day – No refund
Bond International Consultants Pte Ltd reserves all rights to change the information in this webpage, substitute programme/programme leaders, change the venue/class size, postpone or cancel the programmes without prior notice.